The city of Palmdale will host eight free “Music in the Parks” outdoor events this summer, featuring live music, food trucks and kids activities.
Festivities kick off on Thursday, July 7, and will run for eight consecutive Thursdays, alternating between Poncitlán Square, located at 9th Street East between Avenue Q-9 & Ave. Q-10, and Domenic Massari Park, located at 37716 55th Street East.
Music in the Parks activities will begin at 5 p.m. and include free chalk art for kids, musical crafts and life-sized lawn games. Musical acts begin at 5:30 p.m. Guests may bring food, blankets, and lawn chairs. Food and beverages will be available for purchase from food trucks. No alcohol is allowed in the parks. The event concludes at 7:30 p.m.
“Come join us with your family and friends and enjoy this free event featuring great tunes from local bands,” said Palmdale Mayor Steve Hofbauer. “Bring a blanket or lawn chair and enjoy a beautiful summer evening in our Palmdale parks.”
Here’s the schedule:
- Thursday, July 7 – The Dance Band – R&B and classics, Poncitlán Square
- Thursday, July 14 – Ric James & The Rhythm Band – jazz & world music, Domenic Massari Park
- Thursday, July 21 – Rayford Bros. Band – vintage rock, R&B, surf, blues, rockabilly, country, swing, Poncitlán Square
- Thursday, July 28 – POP Vision – Top 40, Domenic Massari Park
- Thursday, Aug. 4 – Seventh Switch – classic rock, cumbias, rock en Español, country, reggae, disco/funk, calypso, rockabilly, Tex-Mex, ’80s and more, Poncitlán Square
- Thursday, Aug. 11 – On Tap – classic rock, pop, country, blues, and oldies, Domenic Massari Park
- Thursday, Aug. 18 – Runaway Band – country, Poncitlán Square
- Thursday, Aug. 25 – Midnite Crisis – classic rock, Domenic Massari Park
For more information on Music In The Parks, call Palmdale’s parks and recreation office at (661) 267-5611, Monday through Thursday, between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m.