Fun-filled adventure for youth to seniors
Get ready for a fall season full of fun and adventure at LA County Parks. Join a variety of new, free, and paid programs for youth and families. Whether you want to unleash your creativity, challenge yourself with sports, or discover the wonders of nature, we have something for you. You can enjoy afterschool adventures, sports clinics, nature exploration programs, aquatics, and more. Don’t miss this chance to make this fall unforgettable at LA County Parks!
“Summer is over, but the learning, teamwork, adventures and engagement continues at LA County Parks,” said Norma E. García-González, director of LA County Parks “Continue swimming with the extended aquatic season, join a sports team, attend our girls empowerment conference, celebrate Hispanic Heritage month, join our Harvest festivals, or sign up for a class. LA County Parks has wonderful new, free, and affordable programming available for everyone this Fall season to keep the fun going indoors and outdoors.”
Fall offerings include:
• Youth Sport Leagues: From soccer to lacrosse and cheerleading, LA County Parks is offering something for everyone at the low cost of $25 per youth league.
• Everybody Plays: A free after-school program for kids 7-17. Enjoy sports, arts, ESTEAM, homework help, and more. At 56 parks with free snacks at some. Mon-Fri, 2:30 to 5:30 p.m.
• Free Snack Program: Free lunch and snacks for children and youth 18 and under at 47 parks. Eat healthy food while playing at the park.
• Fall Contract Classes: Hundreds of classes for all ages, levels, and budgets. Connect with others, have fun, and learn new skills with the best instructors in LA.
• Our SPOT: free after-school program for teens 12-18. Explore your identity and confidence with podcasting, music, film, dance, and more.
• Senior Centers and Programs: LA County senior centers are great for adults 60+ to meet people, stay fit, and have fun. Join aquatic aerobics, healthy meals, and cultural activities.
• Tiny Tots: A fee-based program for Preschool kids 3-5yrs. Learn and play with arts, crafts, music, and more. Open Mon-Thurs, hours vary by park.
CULTURAL & COMMUNITY EVENTS
• Girls Empowerment Conference: Join us at the I Matter-Girls Empowerment Conference on Oct. 7 at East Los Angeles College for a free event for girls ages 12-18. Learn from amazing women leaders, network with peers and speakers, and have fun at the lunch party and resource fair. Don’t miss this chance to feel connected, inspired, and empowered!
• Hispanic Heritage Month: Celebrate Hispanic history, culture, and achievements at 59 parks through Oct. 14. Join us and appreciate the diversity of Hispanics in the US.
• Día De Los Muertos: Honor your departed loved ones and join LA County’s celebration on Nov. 4 from 2 to 6 p.m. This is a joyful and solemn Mexican tradition with ancient roots.
• Enjoy free Trick or Treat Village (Oct 24-31) and Harvest Festival (Nov 9-18) with food, music, crafts, stories, games, and more. Check dates and times at your park.
For more information on our fall programming, visit parks.lacounty.gov/fall/