The California High-Speed Rail Authority is extending the public review period for the Palmdale to Burbank Draft Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Impact Statement an additional 30 days to Dec. 1.
The draft environmental document for the more than 30-mile segment connecting the Antelope Valley to the San Fernando Valley has been available to the public since Sept. 2. The Authority provided more than the legally required review period upon its release to allow for more time to review the document. The law requires a minimum of 45 days for public comment.
During the 90-day review period the Authority is continuing to work with stakeholders and offering office hours to help the public navigate the document and answer stakeholder questions.
The public can continue to submit comments on the Palmdale to Burbank Draft EIR/EIS the following ways:
• By mail to Attn: “Palmdale to Burbank Draft EIR/EIS Comment”, California High-Speed Rail Authority, 355 S. Grand Ave., Suite 2050, Los Angeles, CA 90071;
• Through the Authority’s website
• By email to Palmdale_Burbank@hsr.ca.gov with the subject line “Palmdale to Burbank Draft EIR/EIS Comment”;
• Verbal comment on the direct phone line for the Palmdale to Burbank Project Section at (800) 630-1039; and
• Oral testimony at the online Public Hearing on Oct. 18, 2022.
Comments must be received electronically or postmarked on or before 5 p.m. on Dec. 1.
California high-speed rail is currently under construction along 119 miles in California’s Central Valley at 35 active job sites. To date, more than 8,600 construction jobs have been created since the start of construction.