City prosecutors declined to immediately file any charges against Los Angeles Clippers forward Lamar Odom over an alleged run-in with a paparazzo, but he still faces a hearing on the case in the City Attorney’s Office, a spokesman for the office said today.
A date for the hearing has not yet been determined, according to Frank Mateljan with the City Attorney’s Office. He said city prosecutors reserve the right to file charges up to a year after the date the alleged incident occurred, but said “no action is anticipated following the hearing.”
The run-in occurred July 10 in Hollywood with a photographer who followed Odom — the husband of reality TV star Khloe Kardashian — and repeatedly asked him if he had cheated on his wife.
Odom was accused of throwing a bag of camera equipment from the back seat of the freelance photographer’s car into the street, then retrieving the bag and later throwing it back into the street — with much of the incident being caught on video, according to a charge evaluation worksheet released last week by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, which cited insufficient evidence against the basketball player.
The District Attorney’s Office instead referred the matter to the City Attorney’s Office for consideration of a misdemeanor case.