LOS ANGELES, Calif.–Ongoing construction work will prompt some overnight closures of lanes and connector roads of the Harbor (110) and Santa Monica (10) freeways this week, beginning tonight, Caltrans reported.
The following areas will be affected, weather permitting:
* from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., the connectors from the southbound 110
Freeway to the east- and westbound Santa Monica (10) Freeway will be closed;
* from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., the connectors from the east- and westbound 10 Freeway to the northbound 110 Freeway will be closed;
* from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., up to three lanes of the northbound 110 Freeway will be closed from Washington Boulevard to Eighth Street;
* from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., the northbound 110 Freeway offramps at Ninth Street and 11th Street will be closed; and
* from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m., the southbound 110 Freeway onramp at Eighth Street will be closed.
The work is part of a $25 million project to improve the 110/10 freeway interchange. The project is scheduled to be completed in the summer of 2013.