$10,000 reward in hit-and-run death
Aspiring teacher, Keith Conception, killed
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the hit-and-run incident that killed 26-year-old Keith Conception of Los Angeles, an aspiring teacher.
On Friday, Feb. 15, 2013, Conception was on the northbound 110 Harbor Freeway, south of Florence Avenue in Los Angeles, at approximately 3:30 a.m. According to the California Highway Patrol, he had been in a minor traffic accident and was struck by another vehicle when he exited his car.
The investigation is ongoing and officials ask that any individuals with information contact Officer Christian Baldonado at (213) 744-2331.
Conception worked as an after-school counselor in Inglewood and was anticipating a teaching position with the Los Angeles Unified School District.
“It is devastating to lose bright young men like Keith,” said board Chairman Mark Ridley-Thomas.” “ … it is essential that we understand exactly what happened that night and see that justice is done.”
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — The Board of Supervisors today offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the hit-and-run motorist whose car fatally struck a 34-year-old mother of four in Lancaster.
At about 7:45 p.m. March 19, Simone Walker was walking across Avenue L near the intersection of 32nd Street East when a car being driven east hit her.
The speed limit in the area is 50 mph and a sheriff’s spokesman told the Daily News that the car was likely driving at least that fast.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — While the manhunt for fired LAPD Officer Christopher Dorner was in progress last month, rewards in excess of $1 million were offered in connection with the case, but some groups that pledged money are reconsidering, saying their criteria were not met, it was reported today.
Two claims have been made on the money since Dorner’s death Feb. 12 — by a couple near Big Bear who were tied up and whose car was stolen, and by a man whose pickup truck Dorner later hijacked.
LOS ANGELES, Calif.—Authorities today announced a $50,000 reward for information that helps solve the shooting death of a man gunned down in Hyde Park on the Fourth of July.
Dennis Tillet, 25, of Los Angeles was wounded about 10:30 p.m. that day at 48th Street and Second Avenue, the Los Angeles Police Department reported.
He died at a hospital.
Tillet was among of a group of people at the location when gunshots were fired, wounding him and two others, police said.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — The Board of Supervisors today renewed a $10,000 reward for information in the slaying of a 14-year-old girl who was shot while watching 4th of July fireworks in unincorporated West Athens.
Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas recommended extending the reward, which was set to expire on Oct. 8.
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of suspects in the murder of 11-year-old Unique Russell.
Russell was one of three victims hit by gunfire on July 4 in the 1300 block of West 97th Street. She died from her wounds at Harbor UCLA Hospital.
Sheriff officials said two male suspects between the ages of 18 and 25 were seen fleeing the scene south on Normandie Avenue.